Wild Camp Wannabes
Wild camping is an amazing experience. Peace, solitude, starry nights and fantastic sunrise views. But if you’ve never been before then it can all seem very daunting. So much equipment choice. What if I can’t carry everything? What if I don’t like it? What if I get lost? So many questions can act as a barrier to getting out and giving it a go.
Whether you’re a complete beginner or just need a bit of confidence to give it go then this weekend is for you. We’ll look at the etiquette and legalities of wild camping as well as suitable and essential equipment needed.
We’ll spend the first night at the Dan-yr-Ogof campsite and make sure everyone has all they need for the expedition.
Distances covered each day will be 7-10 miles (11-16km) depending on route chosen. Some of the route will be away from paths, there’ll be some steep climbs and descents, some streams will need crossing. Be prepared for an adventure on the path less travelled.
The campsite for the second night will be at a remote farm. It’s a basic site but does have running water, a flush toilet, and shelter if the weather isn’t on our side.
Price includes your campsite fees.
We’ve got tents/stoves/sleeping bags and rucksacks to hire if you’re new to the whole wild camping thing.
£175 per person
- Meet on Friday evening between 5pm and 7pm
- Equipment check and issue and set up camp
- Cooking skills
- Saturday morning pack up camp and prepare to leave
- Walk over the hills arriving at remote campsite late afternoon
- Set up camp, cook and relax
- Sunday morning pack up camp and prepare to leave
- Walk back over the hills by a different route
- We’ll aim to be back at our cars between 3pm and 4pm
Course Dates 2023
For every booking made we’ll make a £10 donation to Mountain Rescue England and Wales. These volunteer teams are ready in all weather to help those in need in the hills and mountains.